My Story… My Hope
This is my message to all women contemplating, in or post divorce.
YOU ARE A POWERFUL, STRONG, AMAZING WOMAN AND
YOU CAN ACHIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT IN LIFE.
If you stop reading here and that is all you take away, I am happy. Ideally, you will read more…
Seven years ago my divorce was finalized. I had two years of relative quiet then a three-year custody battle that just ended last year. I am in another relatively quiet time now and have the time to reflect on my experience, the resources that were available to me and the support I would have wanted.
What I had…
- My attorney
- My therapist
- My parents
- A small handful of friends
What I wanted…
- Women who had been through what I was going through to help me see what to expect moving forward
- Someone who could help me see the entire path of divorce
- A neutral, non-emotional person to talk to that could work with me through the more difficult decisions
- A place to go that addressed all of my needs from my career to my home to my finances to my health to my social life
- Someone to give me guidance about my child and how to usher her through the process
- A person who could help me redefine myself, to answer the question “Who am I?” when the person I knew myself as suddenly had changed
- An organization to provide the tools and strategies in a simple, easy-to-use format to help me move forward from a place of strength
I have been where you are. I am where you will be. I want to make sure your journey, wherever you are along the path, is filled with confidence, joy, support and abundance.
So…Who am I? In a nutshell.
I am a single mom of one of the most amazing kids out there. She is just entering the joys of teenagehood so I might change my tune on that in a few years but so far it’s been pretty smooth sailing.
I was married for seven years. I think I always knew it wasn’t the right fit. I never changed my name, jokingly ran away as I was walking down the aisle (it was a fairly informal wedding!) and kept most of our assets in my name.
I am an athlete and a soccer mom. An adventurer who will hop on a plane at the drop of a hat and a homebody who loves to curl up on the couch with a good book. I am a friend and a mentor. I am a poet and a storyteller.
I am an MBA who has worked in the health care space for the past 14 years with great success. I have run companies and been a part of organizations from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. I am proud of all I have accomplished but my greatest successes have come from the times I have directly helped people.
I have always been drawn to trying to make things better in this world, to leave a positive mark. And, I think I have finally found my place helping women through one of the most challenging, and potentially one of the most rewarding, times in their lives.
I know that my journey is different from others but a common thread ties us all.
Today, I want to make a commitment to you –
a commitment that I will leverage all that I am and all that I have done
to bring you a better solution.
My organization is called Colibri Life and, like the hummingbird she is named for, our solutions will help you have great determination, flexibility and adaptability.
We will build in you the courage of a lion.
We will create in you a totem of fearlessness.
Yet all along, we will maintain a lightness of being.
We will create abundance for all women.
Together, we will thrive.
Moving forward, I hope my words inspire and ignite. I hope they help you continue to ground yourself in your amazing strength and instill in you resiliency and power. I hope they guide you on your own path to abundance.